Thursday, July 24, 2008

My Tattoos

Right bicep: A pigeon peeking over the edge of a bucket. It holds an envelope in its beak.

Inside left forearm: A mayonnaise jar full of fireflies.

Back of neck: A plot summary for The Murder of Roger Ackroyd, including spoilers for the ending.

Across back: group portrait of the Marx Brothers, including Gummo.

On right knee: A crude sketch of a boulder, imperfectly remembered from a series of recurring dreams I had in the late 90s.

Down left calf: A section of PVC pipe, slavishly copied from an illustration in an industrial catalog.

Right ankle: Eeyore (Disney). I lost a bet.

Over my heart: a British soldier's helmet, circa WWI, upside down. The helmet has been filled with soil, and a daffodil has been planted in it. The helmet rests on the steps leading up to the Lincoln memorial. A little girl in a gingham dress sits next to it, a single tear rolling down her cheek. I have no memory of getting this one.

No comments: